Chesapeake, VA 23320
Our client, a leading Inbound Call Services Provider, is seeking Service Desk Technicians to join their dynamic team of IT professionals.
As a Service Desk Technician, you will handle incoming IT service requests for assistance from internal customers experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
Success in this role requires more than technical knowledge— you must have troubleshooting experience and aptitude, the ability to learn and adapt quickly, strong verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding attention to detail and organizational skill.
In addition to following policies and procedures, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing on-site and remote support and request fulfillment for computers, printers, mobile devices, and peripherals support.
- Defining and classifying level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue. If unable to diagnose problem and/or problem requires physical interaction with end user, you will escalate the problem to the appropriate team. You are expected to adopt problem ownership and promote end-user satisfaction.
- Reading, writing, interpreting and/or verbally communicating to solicit or explain complex or technical information using simple verbiage.
- Processing inventory and shipping of new, retired and revolving company assets.
- Participating in special projects as required.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience with Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, Email client/account setup and support.
- Experience with Active Directory to include account creation/management and File Share permissions management.
- Excellent customer interaction skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills for efficient troubleshooting and trouble ticket handling. Log and track service calls using ticketing software.
- Customer focus, with a team player attitude.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred 2-year post-high school Degree (technical field)
- Must have 1-2 years of experience working as a Service Desk Technician.
- Experience and knowledge of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computers in an environment utilizing:
- Windows 7/10
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Imaging Systems (WDS/MDT, SCCM etc.)
- Ticketing systems (JIRA, Spiceworks etc.).
- The employee is required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Travel with overnight stays and/or weekend hours may occasionally be required.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
On Call Responsibilities
- After your onboarding and training are complete, you will be expected to participate in covering weekends and on-call as needed.
- This is an ON-SITE role.
- Our client is cognizant of best practices for preventing community spread in the workplace and is committed to following these practices:
- Self-screening daily
- Temperature checks daily on arrival
- Wearing appropriate face coverings
- Following other hygiene measures as outlined by VDH guidelines
This is a great chance to join an organization that is leader in their field. We are excited to play a part in matching the right people to this role for our client on a temporary-to-hire basis. Transparency is important to us, so please do not hesitate to message us any questions you have about the temporary-to-hire model.